The Puhoi Community Forum will be working with Auckland Council to review the River Park management plan over the next few months. They’d like to canvas some suggestions on projects that the community might like to do in the park over the next few years.
For the best chance of success, these would be small projects, within the scope of community effort and funding, rather than requiring financial input from the Council/Local Board
I'd like to suggest...
Some suggestions from a quick brainstorm at the last forum are listed below – please note that these are by no means definite – just to get you thinking
- Scouts/Playgroup building. Perhaps using/rebuilding the A&P show shed on the sports field
- More walking tracks. To link up with Te Araroa trail etc
- Wetland. Re invigorating the existing wetland area
- Puhoi Little Village
- Horses/Riding – more jumps (as at present) and a further area for riding be drained with sand and flattened off. Such an area could possibly also be used as a sports area.
- Music in the Park area.
- Mountain bike/informal BMX tracks area to help get the kids of the roads.
- Community gardens/orchard this was a popular suggestion at the workshops last year