Puhoi Community Forum Minutes: 25 JULY 2017

MINUTES OF THE PUHOI FORUM COMMUNITY MEETING

HELD AT PUHOI SPORTS CLUB ON 25 JULY 2017 commencing at 7.30pm

Present

Paul Manton (Chair), Dustyn O’Leary (Co-Chair), Jenny Schollum (Treasurer), Sandra Beagley, Sorrel O’Leary, Sheryll Titford, Brian Titford, Gavin Donaldson, Beth Houlbrooke, Terri Ryder.

Apologies

Tessa Berger, Mike Swain, Jenny Neel, Judith Williams, Wendy Hayton, Heston Prosper-Smith, Ian Boothroyd.

Welcome

Paul Manton, as Chair, welcomed attendees to the meeting.

1. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING 25 JULY 2017

The minutes of the meeting held on 27 June 2017 had been previously circulated. The minutes were accepted as being a true and accurate record.

Motion 1

THAT the minutes of the meeting held on 25 July 2017 be confirmed as a true and accurate record.

Moved: Gavin Donaldson

Seconded: Dustyn O’Leary

Carried

2. TREASURER’S REPORT for JUNE 2017– previously circulated

Invoices to Hallet Enterprises and Rodney Straka for work/plant supply on the River Park walkway were checked and accepted.

Donation to Puhoi Scouts Group was also re-confirmed for their contribution on the planting and fencing working days.

Motion 2

THAT the recent invoices from Hallet Enterprises and Rodeny Straka be paid in full.

Moved: Dustyn O’Leary

Seconded: Sheryll Titford

Carried

Motion 3

THAT the treasurer’s report for June be accepted as an accurate record of the financial transactions and accounts of the Forum

Moved: Gavin Donaldson

Seconded: Dustyn O’Leary

Carried

3. PUHOI PIONEER MEMORIAL PARK

Working bee on Sunday 6th August was a great success and approx. 1000 plants were successfully installed within the stage 2 walkway area. A big thank you to all who took part!

It was noted that there are fencing materials left over that could still be used for the entranceway posts into Gillian’s Walkway, as previously discussed.

Action: Dustyn O’Leary to follow up with Gillian to finalize placement of the entrances.

4. MEMORIAL FLAGPOLE

A discussion was held on how to progress with the proposed gate and flagpole installation in the parking area of the PPMP.

Formal letters of support are required from all the groups who regulartily attend/are involved with the Anzac Day services (i.e. Fire Force, Puhoi Historical Society, Puhoi Scouts etc).

Action: Sheryll Titford to collect letters of support to progress this project.

GENERAL BUSINESS

a) Working Groups Updates

  • Traffic Safety/Walkways

Meeting to be held with Auckland Transport in the coming week regarding Forum supported projects within the Village. A report on the outcome of this meeting will be provided at the next Forum meeting.

It was noted that car drivers are still going too fast past the stopped school buses in the Village in the morning and this issue therefore still needs to be addressed.

Beth mentioned that the Local Board and Auckland Transport have approved the reduction in the SH1 speed limit to 80km, extending past the main Puhoi intersection to Hungry Creek Road. There will also be a reduction in the speed limit along the open road section of Puhoi Road when you first turn off from SH1. Beth did not know when the new limit would come in to effect.

.

  • Puhoi Historic Society

The name of this group has officially been changed to the Puhoi Heritage Museum Inc. to better reflect the role the group plays in the community.

b) Village Market

Bad weather made the last market day not such as successful month but the talent groups performed well and were enjoyed by all.

c) NX2 Meeting

The Historic Schischka House on SH1 has not yet been officially claimed as the cost for moving the building have turned out to be more expensive than earlier anticipated. NX2 is still looking for interested parties to relocated the dwelling within the local area.

The meeting minutes for the last session with the Southern Liaison Group will be circulated as soon as they are made available.

The meeting closed at 8.30pm.

NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 26 September 2017 at 7.30pm.