The Centennial Hall Committee meets to discuss all issues relating to the hall.
Final Reminder of Sunday’s Neighbourhood Support and Civil Defence Community Gathering in the Puhoi HallRead more »
1pm individuals and community groups with businesses and organisations to promote come in to set up their displays. 2pm doors open to the public to […]
Read more »When: August 11, 2019 @ 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
[from Judith Williams] Dear Puhoi residents and friends from neighbouring communities, Some of you will be aware that for several years now I […]
On Saturday 30th of July arrive between 8.30 and 9am at 120 J Tolhopf Road, Puhoi.
We start with coffee and breakfast. This includes home-made bacon and free-range eggs.
You will get a hand-out which describes everything we cover on the day for future reference. You will also be invited to join our Artisan Salami & Bacon Facebook page for ongoing support and sharing ideas.
Salami, Chorizo and Droge Worst:
- Overview of the process: tell and show
- Hands on: making the different meat mixes using the recipes provided
- Putting mixes through the sausage maker
- Cold smoking
- Air drying
- How to create a similar set-up
Lunch, including cold-smoked cheese and air-dried artisan salami & chorizo
Bacon and dry-cured meats:
- Overview of the process; step by step
- Dry curing process
- Soaking and the preparation prior to the cold smoking
- Cold smoke; the smoker will be operating on the day
- Cool down and slice
- Curing and cold-smoking other meats
- Where to buy and how to make a cold-smoking set-up
Visit the Puhoi historic pub to enjoy a drink on us before we go our separate ways.
I can be contacted on email@example.com or on 09 972 33
Get what you need in Puhoi…