Making your own Bacon, Salami & Chorizo Workshop
On Saturday 30th of July arrive between 8.30 and 9am at 120 J Tolhopf Road, Puhoi.
We start with coffee and breakfast. This includes home-made bacon and free-range eggs.
You will get a hand-out which describes everything we cover on the day for future reference. You will also be invited to join our Artisan Salami & Bacon Facebook page for ongoing support and sharing ideas.
Salami, Chorizo and Droge Worst:
- Overview of the process: tell and show
- Hands on: making the different meat mixes using the recipes provided
- Putting mixes through the sausage maker
- Cold smoking
- Air drying
- How to create a similar set-up
Lunch, including cold-smoked cheese and air-dried artisan salami & chorizo
Bacon and dry-cured meats:
- Overview of the process; step by step
- Dry curing process
- Soaking and the preparation prior to the cold smoking
- Cold smoke; the smoker will be operating on the day
- Cool down and slice
- Curing and cold-smoking other meats
- Where to buy and how to make a cold-smoking set-up
Visit the Puhoi historic pub to enjoy a drink on us before we go our separate ways.
I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 09 972 33