Currently we have 1 Manager and 5 women on the Committee– urgently need at least two more (strong men would be great!! As 3 of us are in our 70s.)
The Committee meets once a month in the Puhoi Library for a post Market breakdown (discussion) and to plan the next 2 – 3 markets – this is usually the Wednesday night following the market.
A week before each market, 7 signs are put out between Warkworth and Orewa and brought back the day following the market.
A month before each market, advertising is sent via email to several outlets including More FM, Rodney times and Mahurangi Matters and musicians are organized.
A Database of Stallholders is sent invitations to attend the next market and replies are tabled and positions recorded on a plan.
On the day,
Committee members arrive 6.30 – 7am to set up:
- Unlock the room underneath Sports club ready for Stallholders to set up.
- Unpack the Sports Club shed.
- Hang 3 banners from Sports club balcony and one from the bridge.
- Wheel out 3 rubbish bins and line with black liners (which are removed at the end of the market, taken home, recycling removed and what is left, transferred to Orange bags and put out for collection on Tuesday morning.)
- Carry out and set up 4 foldaway tables – 2 for the Community stall, 1 for Kids activity and 1 in the kitchen for Stallholders to make tea/coffee on.
- Carry out several large boxes for the Community table
- Carry out 4 large wooden tables to place out once stallholder cars have been moved.
- Carry out 4 large umbrellas and their bases and set into the tables.
- Carry out and set up a 3×3 gazebo for the musicians.
At 1pm above list is reversed.
Stall holders start arriving at 7.30am and Manager directs them to their allocated space and assists with any needs they have such as power.
At approx. 11am Manager goes to each stallholder for feedback on the day’s trading plus to collect their fee of $20 per 3×3 space.