Category Archives: Uncategorized

Puhoi Community Forum Agenda: 26/09/2017

PUHOI COMMUNITY FORUM

MEETING TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 26 SEPTEMBER 2017 at 7.30pm at

THE PUHOI SPORTS CLUB – CHAIRPERSON – DUSTYN O’LEARY

AGENDA

  1. Confirmation of the Minutes of previous Meeting held on 29 AUGUST 2017

  1. Matters Arising from those Minutes (not appearing on this Agenda)

  1. Treasurer’s Report for August 2017 (previously circulated) – Jenny Schollum

  1. Discussion Topic – Subdivisions & Future Growth in Puhoi.

  1. General Business

  1. Working Groups – updates

  • Puhoi Pioneers Memorial Park

  • Road Safety Group

  • Civil Defence

  • Neighbourhood Support

  • Others

  1. Village market – Judith Williams

NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 31 October 2017 at 7.30pm.

Celtic Sessions: Now Back in the Hall…

We now meet in the Puhoi Centennial Hall (again) fortnightly on Thursdays. In August that is 3rd, 17th, and 31st. Starting time 7.15pm to 10.15 pm. Charge $3.00 per person.
New musicians are always welcome.

We have a spendid new website at http://www.puhoisessions.org and you can see us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PuhoiCelticSession/

Alan Wagstaff

Puhoi Celtic Sessions
0274 836 023

Minutes of the Puhoi Forum Community Meeting: 27th June 2017

MINUTES OF THE PUHOI FORUM COMMUNITY MEETING

HELD AT PUHOI SPORTS CLUB ON 2017 commencing at 8.20pm

Present

Paul Manton (Chair), Dustyn O’Leary (Co-Chair) Jenny Schollum (Treasurer), Terri Ryder, Sheryll Titford, Brian Titford, Sandra Beagley, Tessa Berger, Kristin Gillies, Val Smith, Judith Williams, Johan Rijnbinde, Sorrel O’Leary, Larry Mitchell, Pat Backley, Heston Prospere-Smith, Wendy Hayton (Secretary, Minutes)

Apologies

Beth Houlbrooke, Alison Roe, Martin Smith, Mike Swain, Jenny Neel, Margaret Nelson

Welcome

Paul Manton, as Chair, welcomed attendees to the meeting.

1. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING 30 May 2017

The minutes of the meeting held on 30 May 2017 had been previously circulated. The minutes were accepted as being a true and accurate record.

Motion 1

THAT the minutes of the meeting held on 30 May 2017 be confirmed as a true and accurate record.

Moved: Sorrel O’Leary

Seconded: Johan

Carried

2. TREASURER’S REPORT for MAY 2017– previously circulated

Motion 2

THAT the secretarial payment for $30 be approved, and THAT the Treasurer’s report for May 2017 was accepted.

Moved: Dustyn O’Leary

Seconded: Johan Rijnbinde

  1. GENERAL BUSINESS

  1. Working Groups Updates

  • Traffic Safety/Walkways

Bus Turnaround

A meeting was held with Beth Houlbrooke, Gubbs, Russell Green and Dustyn O’Leary re the bus turnaround in the village. They will be approaching AT for their approval in principle, and then get feedback from wider community consultation. This is a big project with a lot of money and construction involved, including another footbridge.

Barriers to prevent parking on the footpath

Dustyn is still trying to get in touch with AT to get approval for barriers, but communication is proving very difficult. It is a work in progress. Tessa Berger, as Council representative, said she will work towards supporting this project and moving it forward.

.

  • Civil Defence

Heston has met with other Civil Defence reps in the area, who agreed that they will have a meeting every 2 months. The Council is providing more support for Civil Defence than they previously stated. Civil Defence groups can choose their own borders (to include Waiwera Valley and Ahuroa) – this is to be determined. There will need to be number of representatives for the Puhoi valley area – possibly 9. The Forum will provide support as appropriate. Paul asked that Heston let the Forum know should the need for support arise.

  • Neighbourhood Support

Judith is still collecting information. She now has all but 5 of the street coordinators needed. Judith to let the Forum know should there be a need for support. Paul and Dustyn know what the needs are.

  1. Village Market

This was the 2nd month of moving upstairs, which is working well. They are still looking for a paid manager. Some discussion took place on the option of having different groups run the market through the month. Discussion also took place on how to raise the profile and therefore attendance at the market. Having a couple of stalls in the main village, was suggested along with another possible central village site. All this needs further discussion with the market representatives If the Forum can assist, please let them know.

  1. Historical Society had very successful day on Sunday 25 July for the 154th Puhoi celebrations.

Gate and Flagpole project

A question was raised about the metal gates for the reserve. They are memorial gates and need to be preserved and possibly relocated as they can be in the way in their current location. Can they be moved permanently to the other side of the bridge? Could they be moved before the next ANZAC Day? To be discussed on the next meeting agenda. Paul will talk to the Parks and Recreation representative he works with. A permanent flagpole has also been suggested some time ago.

  1. Reserve Legislation

Auckland Council told Judith Williams that under Reserves Act of 1977 reserves cannot be sold, without full notification. A conservation reserve cannot really be sold at all.

The meeting closed at 9.20pm.

NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 25 July 2017 at 7.30pm.

River Park Project Suggestions

The Puhoi Community Forum will be working with Auckland Council to review the River Park management plan over the next few months. They’d like to canvas some suggestions on projects that the community might like to do in the park over the next few years.

For the best chance of success, these would be small projects, within the scope of community effort and funding, rather than requiring financial input from the Council/Local Board

 

 

Some suggestions from a quick brainstorm at the last forum are listed below – please note that these are by no means definite – just to get you thinking

  1. Scouts/Playgroup building. Perhaps using/rebuilding the A&P show shed on the sports field
  2. More walking tracks. To link up with Te Araroa trail etc
  3. Wetland. Re invigorating the existing wetland area
  4. Puhoi Little Village
  5. Horses/Riding – more jumps (as at present) and a further area for riding be drained with sand and flattened off. Such an area could possibly also be used as a sports area.
  6. Music in the Park area.
  7. Mountain bike/informal BMX tracks area to help get the kids of the roads.
  8. Community gardens/orchard  this was a popular suggestion at the workshops last year

Keep The Wheels on the Bus Going Round and Round: Bus Driver Needed

Bus Driver:

Monday – Friday, 14 hours per week, term time only.  Morning Run: Puhoi to Ahuroa (7.30-8.00am).  Afternoon Run : West Coast Rd loop (2.30-3pm), Ahuroa to Puhoi (3pm-3.30pm) $20/hour.  A current  P endorsement an advantage – however school willing to pay for this if necessary.

Our bus is a 29 seater, so relatively small. Can be driven on a Class 1 car license.

All enquiries to Michelle via email: mnell@ahuroa.school.nz 

 
Michelle Nell

Go bananas

Our company has about 50 banana boxes to give away to anyone needing them
for shifting or whatever. They are currently stored at Silverdale.
Interested folk can call me on my mobile Paul Bowater 021 2527767