Category Archives: Puhoi Community Forum

Puhoi Community Forum Minutes: Meeting Jan 31st 2017

MINUTES OF THE PUHOI FORUM COMMUNITY MEETING

HELD AT PUHOI SPORTS CLUB ON 31 JANUARY 2017 commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Dustyn O’Leary (Chair), Paul Manton (Co-Chair), Tessa Berger (Rodney Local Board), Jenny Schollum (Treasurer), Judith Williams, Sandra Beagley, Sorrel O’Leary, Gavin Donaldson, Christine Mundell, Derek Broadmore, Roz Broadmore, Mike Swain, Jenny Neel, Martyn Smith, Val Smith, Larry Mitchell, Russell Green, Terri Ryder, Wendy Hayton (Secretary, Minutes)

APOLOGIES: Kristin Gillies, Beth Houlbrooke (Rodney Local Board), Pat and Graham Backley, Gillian Seymour

  1. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING 29 November 2016

The minutes of the meeting held on 29 November 2016 had been previously circulated. These were accepted as being a true and accurate record.

Motion 1

THAT the minutes of the meeting held on 29 November 2016 be confirmed as a true and accurate record.

Moved: Paul Manton

Seconded: Mike Swain

Carried

  1. TREASURER’S REPORT for November/December 2016 – previously circulated

The November report included a $400 reimbursement from Scrubgrowers. This is for an overpayment that occurred prior to Jenny becoming Treasurer. Their accountant wanted it cleared up rather than saving it to be used later on. Interest is the only transaction during December.

Motion 2

The secretarial payment for $30 was approved. The Treasurer’s report for November/December 2016 was accepted.

Moved: Dustyn O’Leary

Seconded: Paul Manton

Carried

  1. REVIEW OF PIONEER PARK MANAGEMENT PLAN

Sorrel O’Leary commented that this is a 5 year plan, now four years old and it needs to be reviewed and monitored to ensure it represents the Community’s needs and future plans.

Walkway

The culverts will be in place from February. Rodney Straka will walk the fence line and provide a list or materials needed for the fence to Paul Manton.

Trees/Planting

Funding is available (grant expires August 2017) for planting to be done in the right season (up to 6000 plants), once the fencing has been done. A further extension of the grant by the Council is unlikely, so it is important to ensure all this is done prior to August 2017.

Action: Paul Manton and team

5 year goals for the Park

This is Council land, so while it cannot be taken for granted that Community plans will necessarily go ahead, the Council appreciates proactivity, feedback and regular communication on this.

There is currently a lease agreement to farm the land which has two and a half years still to run.

A comment was made that the current management plan refers only to existing buildings and not to any new building. It appears this was based on the 2007 plan which has not been recently reviewed. It was proposed that the existing management plan needs input and revision to reflect current and future use. There is no formal structure as to how to go about this, and procedures need to be clarified. Tessa Berger is to research how advisory committees to reserves in the local area operate and will report back to the February 28th meeting.

Action: Tessa Berger

Motion 3

That the correct process and procedures for revising the current Puhoi Pioneer Park be investigated in order to update the current plan of 2007.

Moved: Judith Williams

Seconded: Dustyn O’Leary

Carried

Discussion took place on the current uses for the Park, with all members present adding their input as to how they enjoy the facilities.

A query was raised as to who on the Council is responsible for the management of the Park? It appears that no one person is responsible for this particular reserve, but that it may fall under the Northern Area. Gavin Donaldson undertook to find out from the Parks Department of the Council, which has just been restructured, who has responsibility.

Action: Gavin Donaldson

  1. CIVIL DEFENCE

Judith Williams reported that she and Hester Prosper Smith had attended a recent meeting on this. Heston will lead future discussion on this at the Forum. Preliminary thoughts are that a special team is needed to work on a Civil Defence plan for Puhoi to cover a variety

of emergency scenarios from flood to earthquake. It needs to have a permanent place on the Forum agenda in order to ensure there are updates and that the community is taking ownership of this.

The following are the basics of what is needed:

  • A storage place for Civil Defence equipment.

  • The provision of alternative sources of power in a prolonged outage. (Russell Green reported that the new Fire Station has these facilities)

  • A list of people who need emergency power (those who rely on it for medical equipment etc)

  • A buddy system and neighbourhood support on a street by street basis.

  • Flood plain plans.

Motion 4

  • That a report from the Civil Defence working group be placed on the Puhoi Agenda monthly on a permanent basis.

  • That Judith Williams will develop a phone tree for Puhoi for emergency use

  • That members of the Forum working group and the wider community work on a Civil Defence plan under the leadership of Heston Prosper Smith.

Moved: Judith Williams

Seconded: Russell Green

Carried

  1. GENERAL BUSINESS

  1. Macrocarpa Trees in Pioneer Park

Gavin Donaldson had a meeting with Northern Regional Park officers who looked at the trees and felt it is not appropriate to remove them but they will send their contractor Treescape to prune and remove the dead wood at their cost sometime in the new year.

  1. Water deliveries

Terri Ryder reported a waiting list for water deliveries of up to 3 weeks and advised those who need it to put their names down asap, to avoid too big a delay.

  1. Traffic Safety Working Group

The Working Group took a deputation to the Local Board in December about the agreed roading proposals from the last Forum meeting. They are fully supportive of the plans so far. It is necessary to approach Auckland Transport regarding the timber bollards along the roadside and the walkway on Gillian’s Seymour’s land. An update will be given to the next meeting.

  1. Other Working Groups

Dustyn reported that the Local Board had asked for information on what projects Puhoi might be wanting to make applications for Council funding in the coming financial year. At this stage they just needed bullet points. It was agreed that a list as represented at the 2016 Puhoi Community Workshops be forwarded i.e.:

  • Traffic Safety

  • Walkways

  • PHS Museum

  • Firebrigade

  • Ecosystem planning

Motion 5

That a bullet point list covering the main community projects that have official Forum support is to be forwarded to the Council at their request to give them a ‘heads up’ of

what the community is hoping for in terms of assistance and support in the coming year.

Moved: Dustyn O’Leary

Seconded: Gavin Donaldson

Carried

  1. Incoming correspondence – letter from the Puhoi Historical Society

Dustyn read out a letter from Sheryll Titford of the PHS which set out the Society’s limited involvement with the Puhoi Little Village.

  1. New Firestation

Russell reported that the new building should be finished in early April, which will be marked with an opening ceremony. It will have facilities to support the community in times of crisis or problems.

  1. Puhoi Little Village

Larry Mitchell referred to the information Brochure circulated in late November. This document is on the Puhoi website. There will be a public information meeting in the Puhoi Village hall on Sunday 5th March, commencing at approximately 10.30am at which the team will be happy to answer any questions.

He intends to have an official opening of the Blacksmith’s shop on 29 June 2017.

There were a number of surprised comments from various Forum members at the meeting querying the validity of Larry’s suggestion that part of the Council owned Pioneer Park would be used for this project. The lease for farming the Park has another 2.5 years to run. No permissions or indications of permission have been granted, and there has been no public consultation so far. There was a feeling that Larry might be jumping the gun somewhat with this project. The 5th March public meeting will provide more information but is not a consultation meeting.

Resource consent, landowner consent (Local Board), publically notified application and building consents are all needed before the project can go ahead.

There are divided opinions amongst the Puhoi residents about the project and it was emphasized clearly that the Puhoi Little Village is not a Forum backed project. The Forum is happy for Larry to update the meetings as and when new developments occur. Larry was asked to give the Forum an assurance that there will be no suggestion to Council or to the public that the Little Village is a Forum backed project, because it is not. Larry was happy to comply.

The meeting closed at 9.15pm.

NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 28 February 2017 at 7.30pm in the Sports Hall.

Message From Larry Re Model Village

———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Larry Mitchell <larry@kauriglen.co.nz>
Date: 3 February 2017 at 09:44
Subject: Resent fwd message of yesterday.LL
To: Max and Wendy Hayton <maxandwendyhayton@gmail.com>

Please circulate to the Forum Members. Please also post to the Facebook
account and the web site.

Just a wee note to cover a few issues that arose at the last Forum meeting.

1. Our proposal is a voluntary grass roots not for profit community
initiative intended to progressively develop a Little Village of which we
can all be proud.

2. It is a project intended to recognise the special heritage and
historical significance of the Puhoi settlement.

3. The project as proposed includes a modern Museum associated with other
permanent historical exhibits, spaces for Bohemian music and dancing, a
model Pa site and a Heritage orchard.

4. The proposed site in the park will be fully landscaped, stormwater
drainage installed and planted around its perimeter.

5. The preferred site is geographically distinct (a small self contained
valley) is currently unkempt and has little alternative value in use
including only a small area of suitable stock grazing area. It is also
located in an area that does not conflict with the other uses of the
remainder of the Park.
​​
​Given these positive, desirable and community based plans, our group would
like to hear “the substance” of any objections to this plan. Our proposed
​March 5th Information Day is intended to assist with this process. Council
facilitated consultations and surveys will follow.

Our group wishes to put on record that we will continue to keep the Forum
informed on these matters, all of which of course can only be decided upon
by the owners of the Park (The Council). As we are sure the Forum will
appreciate, all decisions are fully subject to Council controlled planning
consenting processes and to which all parties concerned are subject to.

Thank You

Larry Mitchell Spokesperson of the Puhoi Heritage Little Village Project.


Larry.N.Mitchell

Finance & Policy Analyst (Local Government)
Host/Proprietor “Kauriglen” Puhoi’s only Country Lodge.
email to larry@kauriglen.co.nz
NZ web site www.kauriglen.co.nz
Frontier web site www.fcpp.org
PO Box 404 103 Puhoi 0951 Auckland NZ
NZ land line 64 09 422 0598
NZ mobile 64 0274 792328
skype: larryave


Wendy Hayton

Puhoi Forum Agenda: Tuesda 31st JANUARY 2017

PUHOI COMMUNITY FORUM

MEETING TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 31st JANUARY 2017 at 7.30pm at

THE PUHOI SPORTS CLUB – CHAIRPERSON – DUSTYN O’LEARY

AGENDA

  1. Confirmation of the Minutes of previous Meeting held on 29th November 2016

  1. Matters Arising from those Minutes (not appearing on this Agenda)

  1. Treasurer’s Report – for December 2016 – Jenny Schollum

  1. Review of Management Plan of Pioneer Park – Sorrel O’Leary

  • to establish five year goals, in view of the changes arising from Auckland Unitary Plan as already manifest from subdivisions and zoning changes.  (This would mean establishing fencing dates).

  1. Civil Defence – Judith Williams

  1. General Business

  1. Council meeting feedback regarding the Macrocarpa trees in the park – Gavin Donaldson

  2. Working Groups – updates

  • Traffic Safety Initiatives Progress

  • Others

 

NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 31 January 2017 at 7.30pm.

Puhoi Community Forum Minutes: 29th Nov 2016

MINUTES OF THE PUHOI FORUM COMMUNITY MEETING

HELD AT PUHOI SPORTS CLUB ON 25 OCTOBER 2016 commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Paul Manton (Chair), Dustyn O’Leary (Co-Chair), Tessa Berger (Rodney Local Board), Beth Houlbrooke (Rodney Local Board), Jenny Schollum (Treasurer), Sandra Beagley, Peter Straka, Sorrel O’Leary, Gavin Donaldson, Pat Backley, Graham Backley, Christine Mundell, Derek Broadmore, Roz Broadmore, Mike Swain, Jenny Neel, Martyn Smith, Sheryll Titford, Brian Titford, Clinton McClean, Peter Cooley, George Drive, Bill Marcroft, Adrian Anderson, Terri Ryder, Cody Mankelow, John Simons, J Rijnbende, Marg Nelson, Heston Prospere-Smith, Wendy Hayton (Secretary, Minutes)

APOLOGIES: Judith Williams, Kristin Gillies

Paul Manton welcomed attendees to the meeting, and introduced the NZ2 Northern Express Group – Ray Wilson, CEO, Theresa Walsh, Jocelyn Shaw, Ray Chang.

  1. PRESENTATION BY NX2 GROUP

Ray Wilson, CEO of NZ2 Group introduced the project, being run as a joint venture, Public/Private Partnership (PPP) between Fletchers and Axionna (Spanish). NZ2 is the funder and subcontracting the work to Fletchers and Axionna. A PPP provides quick, efficient and good design and innovation. The Group will build the motorway over the next 5 years and then operate it for 25 years prior to handing it back to the government (NZTA). Becca and Tonkin and Taylor are undertaking the design. Plans will be available for consultation. The contract was only formally awarded to NX2 on 3 November. Alan Horridge is the Project Director.

The first priority is to put in a longitudinal road down the whole length of the projected motorway for construction traffic, so it does not impede traffic flow on SH1 during the construction process. The first major earthworks will begin in September/October 2017. There will be an office close to Puhoi and one further north. The target completion date is Xmas 2021.

Dustyn has provided the NX2 team with the Draft Puhoi Vision 2016 developed at the Workshop in July which outlines details of the proposed village centre planning for trails and links, parking and the proposed bus turnaround.

An information session will be held by a team from NX2 Group for residents and interested community members in Puhoi on 15 December in the Sports Hall from 5pm to 8pm. This will include light refreshments.

Contact is welcome from community members.

Email: info@nx2group.com

Phone: 0508 P2WK INFO (7295 4636)

Website: nx2group.com (to be completed and up very shortly).

The NX2 Group team left the meeting at 8.10pm.

Paul Manton introduced Tessa Berger of the Rodney Local Board. Tessa introduced herself as the new Local Board representative on the Forum. She will be working closely with Beth Houlbrooke.

  1. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING 25 October 2016

The minutes of the meeting held on 25 October 2016 had been previously circulated. These were accepted as being a true and accurate record.

Motion 1

THAT the minutes of the meeting held on 25 October 2016 be confirmed as a true and accurate record.

Moved: Paul Manton

Seconded: Dustyn O’Leary

Carried

MATTERS ARISING

  1. Application for Extension of Grant River Park Update

An extension has been granted until August 2017 to allow time for planting and to complete the work.

  1. Planting Te Araroa Trail

Restoration of plants completed.

  1. TREASURER’S REPORT for October 2016 – previously circulated

Bank signatory for the Puhoi Forum was transferred from Peter Straka to Kristin Gilles (as Deputy Chair).

Moved: Paul Manton

Seconded: Terri Ryder

Carried

The secretarial payment for $30 was approved. The Treasurer’s report for October 2016 was accepted.

Moved: Paul Manton

Seconded: Terri Ryder

Carried

  1. DRAFT PUHOI VISION DOCUMENT

This had been previously circulated. It is being presented as an official Deputation to the Rodney Local Board on 15 December.

Dustyn ran through the detail and circulated copies of the plan to refresh peoples’ memories. It is currently a draft only and needs more detail and costings, which will be completed in time for the 15 December Local Board meeting. Feedback is very welcome.

Paul Manton thanked the team for their hard in pulling this plan together.

  1. REVIEW OF MANAGEMENT PLAN FOR PUHOI PARK (see plan and map)

The damaged macrocarpa trees have to be removed (2 out of 4) as per the arborist’s report. Peter Straka will give this to Paul Manton and Gavin Donaldson, who will liaise with the Parks Department of the Council.

Culverts – Paul is to talk to Kevin Jones. Peter Straka is to ask Rodney Straka if he will be willing to provide a tractor, time and materials to complete the needed work.

  1. UNITARY PLAN UPDATE

97 Saleyards Road – Proposed Development

Housing NZ have become involved in the project. There has been a suggestion that the Forum withdraw the pressure of their opposition. Discussion took place and it was agreed that Forum involvement is important to push the opposition point of view as far as possible.

Moirs Hill Proposed Development by Asia Pacific International

The Forum has not made a submission on this, but is keeping a close watch on

developments.

  1. CIVIL DEFENCE

Judith Williams and Heston Prospere Smith had attended an area meeting in Mahurangi. Heston reported that basically Civil Defence for Puhoi is a matter of deciding what the local community wants to do. Paul Manton emphasized that this is issue is a high priority going forward and it needs to have proper representation.

Motion 2

That this Forum develop a working group to take ownership of, and develop a plan for Civil Defence in the Puhoi area.

Moved: Gavin Donaldson

Seconded: Sorrel O’Leary

Carried

Heston will bring more information to the next meeting for further discussion and decision making. Gavin will work with Heston on this in the interim and report back, while awaiting the appointment of a full working group.

  1. GENERAL BUSINESS

  1. Working Group Reports

Traffic Safety Group – work has started on the pathway on Gillian Seymour’s land. It is an old trail which needs to be upgraded, with cutting back of bush etc. Gavin Donaldson is happy to assist with this.

  1. Moving fruit trees to River Park from Puhoi Historical Society

It is too difficult to get a tractor into the planted area. The trees are by now quite mature and may not survive re-planting. These trees were originally planted in the memory of local families. It was suggested that perhaps cuttings be taken from the trees to plan in the River Park.

Sheryll Titford is to take this proposal back to the Puhoi Historical Society for discussion at their next meeting.

  1. Puhoi Heritage Little Village project

Larry Mitchell, as spokesman for the team, introduced the members – Adrian Anderson, Marg Nelson, Sheryll Titford, Larry Mitchell, Gillian Seymour and Bernadette Straka.

They have spent the last few months developing an information brochure. It is a multi-facetted project. It is hoped to get 70% of the funding from the community trust and benefactor funding. At the moment the plan is focused on raising seed money and establishing an incorporated society, brochures and more information. It is anticipated this project will be similar to the Fire Station project and the Sports Hall, as part of a community effort, with an entrée back to the Forum. It is intended to have an information session in the New Year via a display in the Community Hall. The election of Trustees for the project is anticipated for mid 2017.

Website: puhoiheritagevillage.co.nz

  1. Community Picnic – Wednesday 7 December in the Pony Park grounds at 6pm to celebrate the achievements of the year and for all members of the community to get together.

People are asked to bring food and their own drink. There will be BBQ facilities provided and likely a sausage sizzle. If it rains, it will be cancelled.

The meeting closed at 9.10pm.

NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 31 January at 7.30pm in the Sports Hall. This will be the final meeting of the year.

Puhoi Community Forum Agenda: 29th Nov 2016

PUHOI COMMUNITY FORUM

MEETING TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 29th NOVEMBER 2016 at 7.30pm at

THE PUHOI SPORTS CLUB – CHAIRPERSON – PAUL MANTON

AGENDA

  1. Presentation by NX2 Group re Puhoi to Warkworth Motorway

  • Ray Wilson (CEO) and Theresa Nash

  1. Confirmation of the Minutes of previous Meeting held on 25th October 2016

  1. Matters Arising from those Minutes (not appearing on this Agenda)

  1. Treasurer’s Report – for October 2016 – Jenny Schollum

  1. Draft Puhoi Vision Document – the Traffic Safety Group

  1. Review of Management Plan of Pioneer Park – Sorrel O’Leary

  • to establish five year goals, in view of the changes arising from Auckland Unitary Plan as already manifest from subdivisions and zoning changes.  (This would mean establishing fencing dates).

  1. Unitary Plan Update – Mike Swain/Dustyn O’Leary

  • Proposed development – 97 Saleyards Road, Puhoi

  • Proposed development – Moir Hill

  1. General Business

  1. Civil Defence – Heston to provide update

  1. Working Groups – updates

  • Traffic Safety Initiatives Progress

  • Others?

  1. Planting Te Araroa Trail – update

  • Auckland Council Grant extension update?

  • Date for moving the trees from the Historical Society Land

(should have been Sunday 6 November).

NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 31 January 2017 at 7.30pm.

Puhoi Community Forum Meeting Minutes: 25th Oct 2016

MINUTES OF THE PUHOI FORUM COMMUNITY MEETING

HELD AT PUHOI SPORTS CLUB ON 25 OCTOBER 2016 commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Dustyn O’Leary (Chair) Paul Manton, Allison Roe (Rodney Local Board), Beth Houlbrooke (Rodney Local Board), Judith Williams, Jenny Schollum (Treasurer), Sandra Beagley, Peter Straka, Sorrel O’Leary, Pat Backley, Christine Mundell, Derek Broadmore, Mike Swain, Jenny Neel, Martyn Smith, Sheryll Titford, Clinton McClean, Heston Prospere-Smith, Wendy Hayton (Secretary, Minutes)

APOLOGIES: Peter Cooley, Terri Ryder, Kristin Gillies, Graham Backley, Brian Titford

  1. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING 27th September 2016

The minutes of the meeting held on 27th September 2016 had been previously circulated. These were accepted as being a true and accurate record.

Motion 1

THAT the minutes of the meeting held on 27th September 2016 be confirmed as a true and accurate record.

Moved: Judith Williams

Seconded: Paul Manton

MATTERS ARISING

  1. Planting of Te Araroa Walkway – Remiger Road End

The working bee postponed from 16 October will now be held on Sunday 6 November at 10.30am. Meet at the Sports Club.

  1. Moving trees to River Park from Puhoi Historical Society

This will also be done on Sunday 6 November.

  1. Application for Extension of Grant River Park Update

Wet weather over recent months has prohibited much progress with the fencing or planting. It was agreed that application should be made to the Local Board for the grant received for the fencing and planting (due to be spent by September 2016) to be extended for 12 months to accommodate a realistic timeframe to allow for the fencing and subsequent planting.

Beth Houlbrooke (Local Board) said she would support this application, and considered that an extension would be likely. Action: Dustyn O’Leary

  1. TREASURER’S REPORT for September 2016 – previously circulated

Jenny reported she had completed and submitted the Charities Commission Annual Return.

The following items were approved for payment

Secretarial $30

Moved: Chris Mundell

Seconded: Dustyn O’Leary

Carried

Beth Houlbrooke introduced Allison Roe, recently also elected to the Rodney Local Board. She and Allison will be attending PCF meetings and following up on business. On behalf of members, Dustyn welcomed and congratulated both on their recent election to the Local Board.

  1. UNITARY PLAN UPDATE

97 Saleyards Road – Proposed Development

A response was received stating that the owner is prepared to go to mediation. Mike Swain will be following progress. The $500 required to be raised has almost been met.

Moirs Hill Proposed Development by Asia Pacific International

Proposals for this development include plans cycle ways, bridle ways and walking tracks throughout and up to Warkworth. Allison Roe from the Local Board emphasized how important it is to ensure these trails are designated at the very outset of any development.

  1. TRAFFIC SAFETY GROUP

Dustyn had previously circulated a trail map locating all existing and proposed trails as forwarded by Bevan Woodward of Matakana Trails Trust.

She had also forwarded a map regarding a pedestrian access way around the dangerous corner near the Garage, part of Gillian Seymour’s land (approx. 400 metres), which she had generously given permission to be used. This land will be cleared in the next 2 weeks, with better development of it planned over the next couple of years. It will come out where the 50km sign is, along the road verge. Dustyn and the Traffic Safety Group will be liaising with the Local Board and NZTA over the next year or so, to complete the safe pedestrian access way.

Allison commented that the Rodney Local Board will be sharing costs as there is a requirement for certain standards to be met, and ongoing maintenance provided by the Council. There are monthly Local Board business meetings, which cover applications. Beth will send the dates to Dustyn.

Bus Turn Around

A map of a proposed option for a school bus turnaround on the green area in front of the rotunda was discussed as one possible alternative solution to where the buses stop now (outside the store). A footbridge would be part of this to provide safe passage for children. At present it is a concept only, and would be used solely as a drop off and pick up point. Beth Houlbrooke suggested they talk to Auckland Transport and Parks. If the Local Board supported it, there would be funding likely available. Beth proposed that Dustyn, on behalf of the group, bring this as a submission and deputation to the Local Board around February/March 2017, once the plan is confirmed.

Village Parking

Discussion took place on the possibility of placing 28 timber sleepers from the Library to the footbridge on the main road to prevent cars parking along that area. Dustyn has sourced some recycled sleepers at a cost of $40-$50 each. Beth commented that issues with parking was one of the things AT had talked about at the time of building the footbridge, and there could well be Local Board funding available towards this project.

Dustyn emphasized that both of the above are concepts only, and she would welcome any feedback.

  1. GENERAL BUSINESS

  1. The issue of how the Forum should deal with subdivision issues, perhaps having a working

group to address these matters as they arise was raised. Allison stated that it key to dealing with the problems around subdivisions is to get in early, and invite developers along if possible to inform the local community what is planned. A local real estate agent is often very helpful in flagging possible upcoming developments.

Pat and Graham Backley and Mike Swain were nominated to form a working group concerned with monitoring subdivision issues as they come up, and providing the Forum with information for discussion.

  1. Puhoi Village Market

The first Village Market after its name change from Farmers’ Market took place last Sunday. The October 30th Village Market will be a Summer Garden Fest.

  1. Civil Defense meeting 31 October – Mahurangi. Judith Williams is to attend this on behalf of the Forum.

  2. Quad ride 5th November. 2 day Horse trek will be held on 27/28 November. Contact Paul Manton.

  1. 2016 Women’s Dinner

To be held on 10th November.

  1. Race Meeting 12 November – to be held in the Community Hall. Contact Pat Backley.

  1. 17 November – extra Trivial Pursuits evening

  1. Art Group Exhibition – 25 November to 4 December 2016 in the Community Hall.

The meeting closed at 8.50pm.

NEXT MEETING: The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 29th November 2016 at 7.30pm in the Sports Hall. This will be the final meeting of the year.

Puhoi Community Forum Agenda: Tues 25th October 2016

PUHOI COMMUNITY FORUM
MEETING TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 25th OCTOBER 2016 at 7.30pm at
THE PUHOI SPORTS CLUB – CHAIRPERSON – DUSTYN O’LEARY

AGENDA

1. Confirmation of the Minutes of previous Meeting held on 27th September 2016

2. Matters Arising from those Minutes (not appearing on this Agenda)

3. Treasurer’s Report – for September 2016 – Jenny Schollum

4. Unitary Plan Update – Mike Swain/Dustyn O’Leary
Proposed development – 97 Saleyards Road, Puhoi
Proposed development – Moir Hill

5.  Traffic Safety Initiatives – Update from the working group on possible parking issue
solution and walkway planning progress. (see below draft documents)
Sleeper Parking Stop Plan Sept16 (2)

Sleeper Parking Stop Detail_Gillians Pathway Oct16 (1)

Puhoi Trail Map 2016

Bus Turnaround Plan Oct16 (1)

6. General Business
Discussion on how the Forum should deal with subdivision issues, i.e. should we have a working group to address these matters as they arise?

Farmers’ Market update.
Working Groups – update if any.
Planting Te Araroa Trail – update

NEXT MEETING
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 29 November 2016 at 7.30pm.

Puhoi Community Forum Minutes: 27th September 2016

MINUTES OF THE PUHOI FORUM COMMUNITY MEETING

HELD AT PUHOI SPORTS CLUB ON 27 SEPTEMEBT 2016 commencing at 7.30pm

PRESENT: Paul Manton (Chair) Judith Williams, Jenny Schollum (Treasurer), Sandra Beagley, Tom Wilson, Peter Straka, Peter Cooley, Cody Mankelow, Kathy Mankelow. Andrew Cranna-Powell, Christine Mundell, Johan Rijnbende, Bevan Woodward (Matakana Coast Trails Trust), Bob Halton, David Dodsworth, Brendan McManus, Mike Swain, Jenny Neel, Wendy Hayton (Secretary, Minutes)

APOLOGIES: Terri Ryder, Beth Houlbrooke (Rodney Local Board), Dustyn O’Leary, Kristin Gillies, Ian Boothroyd.

  1. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING 30 AUGUST 2016

The minutes of the meeting held on 30 August 2016 had been previously circulated. These were accepted as being a true and accurate record.

Motion 1

THAT the minutes of the meeting held on 30 August 2016 be confirmed as a true and accurate record.

Moved: Jenny Schollum

Seconded: Paul Manton

Carried

  1. TREASURER’S REPORT

Jenny reported she had completed and submitted the Charities Commission Annual Return.

The following items were approved for payment

Secretarial $30

Charities Commission Annual Return Fee $51.11

Part payment of Appeal Lodgment fee $200

Moved: Jenny Schollum

Seconded: Judith Williams

Carried

  1. UNITARY PLAN UPDATE

97 Saleyards Road – Proposed Development

After gaining approval by email circulation to Puhoi Forum members, $200 from Forum funds had been donated towards the cost of the Submission to Council regarding development at 97 Saleyards Road, Puhoi. The total cost is $500. An Appeal with Environment Court against the re-zoning of the tract of land, next to the town centre (mostly property at 97 Saleyards Road has been filed, and an email received to say it has been accepted. Please contact Mike Swain for further information and any possible contributions mike@hiko.co.nz. David Dodsworth (former Puhoi Forum Chair) offered his assistance.

Moirs Hill Proposed Development by Asia Pacific International

A meeting had been held just prior to the Forum meeting. Beca, who are one of the lead contractors in this proposed development had held a Q & A session and distributed information

leaflets concerning the proposed Resource Consent. Orewa Library has more detailed maps of the area.

Judith Williams thanked Andrew Cranna-Powell for getting the meeting together. It had been very informative. Please contact Andrew Cranna-Powell for more information on the submission

The deadline for submissions is in 2 weeks.

  1. MATAKANA COAST TRAILS TRUST – BEVAN WOODWARD

Bevan has been liaising with Dustyn concerning his work with the Council for a Puhoi to Warkworth pathway. This should link in with the new development proposed for Moirs Hill and will link up with the Mahurangi Trail. Any queries – please get in touch with Bevan at bevan@betterworldnz.com.

  1. GENERAL BUSINESS

  1. Planting of Te Araroa Walkway – Remiger Road End

Pigs have taken out all the former planting and made a mess of the area. Plants are supplied. NOTE: A working bee will be held on Sunday 16 October at 11am.

  1. Fruit Trees behind the Museum are still to be planted in the Pioneer Memorial Park near the river bank.

NOTE A working bee will be held on Sunday 30 October at 11am consisting of Peter Straka and Paul Manton and any other volunteers available to move these (now large) trees.

  1. Puhoi Village Market

The first Village Market after its name change from Farmers’ Market took place last Sunday. The October 30th Village Market will be a Summer Garden Fest.

The Road Safety Group, with assistance from Beth Houlbrooke is to look into the issue of parking during busy times in Puhoi, including Market Sundays.

  1. Library AGM

Took place on 27 September. It is doing well with 50 members and 6300 books and DVDs.

  1. 2016 Women’s Dinner

To be held towards the end of October – Wednesday or Thursday – date to be confirmed.

  1. Puhoi Historic Society

Jenny Schollum reported that 5 volunteers from the BNZ’s ‘Closed for Good’ programme came to help (as they had done last year). They did a very good job in helping with some of the backlog on various projects.

  1. Art Group Exhibition – 25 November to 4 December 2016 in the Community Hall.

The meeting closed at 8.20pm.

NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 25th October 2016 at 7.30pm in the Sports Hall.

Puhoi Community Forum Agenda: Meeting Tues, Sept 27th 2016

PUHOI COMMUNITY FORUM

MEETING TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 27th SEPTEMEBER 2016 at 7.30pm at

THE PUHOI SPORTS CLUB – CHAIRPERSON – PAUL MANTON

AGENDA

  1. Apologies – Kristin Gillies

  1. Confirmation of the Minutes of previous Meeting held on 30th September 2016

  1. Matters Arising from those Minutes (not appearing on this Agenda)

  1. Treasurer’s Report – for August 2016 – Jenny Schollum

  1. Unitary Plan Update – Mike Swain/Dustyn O’Leary

  1. Discussion of Moir Hill Road and Watsons Road, Pohuehue development – possible

207 lots by Asia Pacific International

Refer: http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/en/ratesbuildingproperty/consents/getinvolved/pages/currentpubliclynotifiedconsents.aspx

  1. General Business

  • Planting Tearoha Walkway assistance needed. Plants supplied but we need labour – Paul Manton

  • Discussion on how the Forum should deal with subdivision issues, i.e. should we have a working group to address these matters as they arise?

  • Update from Traffic Safety Group on initiatives we are going to be pursuing over the next few months.

  • Farmers’ Market update.

  • Working Groups – update if any.

NEXT MEETING

The next meeting and AGM will be held on Tuesday 25 October 2016 at 7.30pm.