Author Archives: Mike Swain

Puhoi Community Forum Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 25 July 2017

PUHOI COMMUNITY FORUM

MEETING TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 25 JULY 2017 at 7.30pm at

THE PUHOI SPORTS CLUB – CHAIRPERSON – DUSTYN O’LEARY

AGENDA

  1. Confirmation of the Minutes of previous Meeting held on 27 June 2017

  1. Matters Arising from those Minutes (not appearing on this Agenda)

  1. Treasurer’s Report for June 2017 (previously circulated) – Jenny Schollum

  1. Puhoi Pioneer Memorial Park

  • River walkway planting and fencing working days.

  • Review of park management plan

  • Reformation of park working group

  1. General Business

  1. Working Groups – updates

  • Road Safety Group update

  • Civil Defence –

  • Neighbourhood Support

  • Others

  1. Village market – Judith Williams

NEXT MEETING The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 29 August 2017 at 7.30pm.

Minutes of the Puhoi Forum Community Meeting: 27th June 2017

MINUTES OF THE PUHOI FORUM COMMUNITY MEETING

HELD AT PUHOI SPORTS CLUB ON 2017 commencing at 8.20pm

Present

Paul Manton (Chair), Dustyn O’Leary (Co-Chair) Jenny Schollum (Treasurer), Terri Ryder, Sheryll Titford, Brian Titford, Sandra Beagley, Tessa Berger, Kristin Gillies, Val Smith, Judith Williams, Johan Rijnbinde, Sorrel O’Leary, Larry Mitchell, Pat Backley, Heston Prospere-Smith, Wendy Hayton (Secretary, Minutes)

Apologies

Beth Houlbrooke, Alison Roe, Martin Smith, Mike Swain, Jenny Neel, Margaret Nelson

Welcome

Paul Manton, as Chair, welcomed attendees to the meeting.

1. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING 30 May 2017

The minutes of the meeting held on 30 May 2017 had been previously circulated. The minutes were accepted as being a true and accurate record.

Motion 1

THAT the minutes of the meeting held on 30 May 2017 be confirmed as a true and accurate record.

Moved: Sorrel O’Leary

Seconded: Johan

Carried

2. TREASURER’S REPORT for MAY 2017– previously circulated

Motion 2

THAT the secretarial payment for $30 be approved, and THAT the Treasurer’s report for May 2017 was accepted.

Moved: Dustyn O’Leary

Seconded: Johan Rijnbinde

  1. GENERAL BUSINESS

  1. Working Groups Updates

  • Traffic Safety/Walkways

Bus Turnaround

A meeting was held with Beth Houlbrooke, Gubbs, Russell Green and Dustyn O’Leary re the bus turnaround in the village. They will be approaching AT for their approval in principle, and then get feedback from wider community consultation. This is a big project with a lot of money and construction involved, including another footbridge.

Barriers to prevent parking on the footpath

Dustyn is still trying to get in touch with AT to get approval for barriers, but communication is proving very difficult. It is a work in progress. Tessa Berger, as Council representative, said she will work towards supporting this project and moving it forward.

.

  • Civil Defence

Heston has met with other Civil Defence reps in the area, who agreed that they will have a meeting every 2 months. The Council is providing more support for Civil Defence than they previously stated. Civil Defence groups can choose their own borders (to include Waiwera Valley and Ahuroa) – this is to be determined. There will need to be number of representatives for the Puhoi valley area – possibly 9. The Forum will provide support as appropriate. Paul asked that Heston let the Forum know should the need for support arise.

  • Neighbourhood Support

Judith is still collecting information. She now has all but 5 of the street coordinators needed. Judith to let the Forum know should there be a need for support. Paul and Dustyn know what the needs are.

  1. Village Market

This was the 2nd month of moving upstairs, which is working well. They are still looking for a paid manager. Some discussion took place on the option of having different groups run the market through the month. Discussion also took place on how to raise the profile and therefore attendance at the market. Having a couple of stalls in the main village, was suggested along with another possible central village site. All this needs further discussion with the market representatives If the Forum can assist, please let them know.

  1. Historical Society had very successful day on Sunday 25 July for the 154th Puhoi celebrations.

Gate and Flagpole project

A question was raised about the metal gates for the reserve. They are memorial gates and need to be preserved and possibly relocated as they can be in the way in their current location. Can they be moved permanently to the other side of the bridge? Could they be moved before the next ANZAC Day? To be discussed on the next meeting agenda. Paul will talk to the Parks and Recreation representative he works with. A permanent flagpole has also been suggested some time ago.

  1. Reserve Legislation

Auckland Council told Judith Williams that under Reserves Act of 1977 reserves cannot be sold, without full notification. A conservation reserve cannot really be sold at all.

The meeting closed at 9.20pm.

NEXT MEETING

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 25 July 2017 at 7.30pm.

 

 

 

More info….

The Hibiscus Coast /Puhoi National Poetry Day event will once again be held in the Sugar Loaf Bar and Restaurant, 38 Waiwera Road.

Date: 25th August 2017

Time: 7.00 – 9.30

Door entry: $2.00

From 7 pm, readings of original and others’ poems will take place.

Readings will be interspersed with coffee, wine and food, and some poetry-based fun, for example the raffle of a poetry book, a poetry trivia game and haiku or couplet writing.

There will be a prize for an original poem, either judged, if we have the services of someone authorised to do so, or a “pot luck” prize from among the poets who presented an original poem.

Everyone with an interest in poetry is extremely welcome: this will be the sixth such event we have held, all great fun.

Please contact us if you are interested in coming, to assist with seating arrangements.

If you would like to present a poem (your own or someone else’s) let us know so you can be added to the programme.

dianenewcombe@hotmail.com 021483849

Puhoi Village Market on Sunday 30th July 9am to 1pm.

 

This market will have all the usual stalls, with produce, plants,
Puhoi Coffee, nuts, fresh local fruit and veg, cheese, bread, samosas, olive oils, silver jewellery, hand knits, and beautiful crafts.
Why not pop down, browse the stalls, have a bite to eat and sit with a delicious coffee and enjoy the music.

At the following market, on Sunday 27th August, In addition to the usual stalls, plants, produce and crafts, the market will feature “Puhoi’s Got Young Talent” another chance for all our young people to show how incredible they are!

SUPPORT LOCAL!
Any inquiries to Puhoi Village Market Team on 0274 27 0440

Folk Guitar Lessons

 

Puhoi resident and leader of the Puhoi Celtic Sessions, Alan Wagstaff, offers guitar classes for beginners and intermediate players.
His initial course is a well structure programme over 25 weeks, that will take you gradually through basic song accompaniment techniques. Alan is an experienced teacher and his supportive style will quickly build your confidence and skill. The lessons can be fitted in at any time to suit your schedule.

Contact Alan on any of the following:
alanw@ihug.co.nz
0274 836 023
09 4 220011

Puhoi Community Forum 2017 AGM: Agenda Meeting to Be Held On June 27 at 7.00pm in the Puhoi Sports Club

PUHOI COMMUNITY FORUM 2017 AGM AGENDA

Meeting to be held on June 27 at 7.00pm in the Puhoi Sports Club

1. Apologies

2. Approval of 2016 AGM Minutes

3. Matters Arising

4. Chairman’s Report

5. Financial Report

6. Correspondence

7. Acceptance of Club and Working Group Representatives

Puhoi Rural Fire Force

Puhoi Historical Society

Puhoi Library

Puhoi Farmers Market

Puhoi Centennial Hall Committee

Puhoi Church Properties Committee

Puhoi Sports Club

Puhoi Pioneers Memorial Park

Puhoi Horse Riding Group

Puhoi Road Safety Group

Puhoi Pest Control Group

Puhoi Civil Defence and Neighbourhood Support

8. Election of Officers

(Chairperson, Deputy Chair, Secretary & Treasurer)

Note: All current financial members to vote by ballot. Nominations for these roles to be collected from the Financial Membership prior to voting for consideration by all Financial Members.

9. Monthly Forum Meeting to Follow.

PCF Meeting Agenda for Tuesday 27 June 2017 at 7.30pm

PUHOI COMMUNITY FORUM

MEETING TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 27 JUNE 2017 at 7.30pm at

THE PUHOI SPORTS CLUB – CHAIRPERSON – PAUL MANTON

AGENDA

  1. Confirmation of the Minutes of previous Meeting held on 30 May2017

  1. Matters Arising from those Minutes (not appearing on this Agenda)

  1. Treasurer’s Report for May 2017 (previously circulated) – Jenny Schollum

  1. Puhoi Pioneer Memorial Park

  • Update – Paul Manton

  1. General Business

  1. Working Groups – updates

  • Road Safety Group update

  • Civil Defence – Heston Prosper-Smith

  • Neighbourhood Support – Judith Williams

  • Others

  1. Judith Williams – rules re sale of reserves

  2. Village market – Judith Williams

Next Puhoi Community Forum monthly meeting: Tuesday, July 25 2017