The Ahuroa School Feast, Fair and Fireworks is coming up on Saturday 21st March, 4- 8.30pm.
This is the main annual fundraiser for the school and a really fun, family event with fantastic prizes for auction, raffles, games, an awesome country feast with dessert, games for young and old, and of course, spectacular fireworks! So come along and invite your friends and family too.
Thank you to the parents and community members of Ahuroa and Puhoi that have donated their time, their money, and some great auction items for the event. We love the support that we are receiving – and we can’t wait to get the list of sponsors out after the fair to thank everyone!
Remember that your support over the last decade has:
– contributed to the reinstatement of our much-used school pool
– built our great playground
– bought iPads for our classrooms
– just helped pay for a massive shade sail to go over our playground
This year, the money raised will be used for several projects – our technology room (food, textiles, metal, wood, robotics etc), and the development of two outdoor learning areas – below the staffroom, and above the turf court.
Some great BIG announcements:
– Cheline Allinson
of Barfoot & Thompson, and Barfoot & Thompson’s Warkworth Office have teamed up and donated $1000
to our school!!!! Isn’t that amazing support? So please, if you are in the market to buy or sell property in the next twelve months, make sure you contact Cheline to show your support in return (firstname.lastname@example.org
– We have a two night stay in a luxury 2-bedroom Auckland apartment to bid on! There’s a gym, sauna, spa and pool in the building, and its right in the heart of the city – you deserve a couple of nights away, so make sure you bid on this great auction at the Fair.
– Charter Connections
– a fantastic Gulf-Harbour based fishing charter business owned and operated by a school family – they’ve donated a whole range of great prizes, check them out at charterconnection.co.nz
and come along to win a great day out fishing with them!
– We’ve got a load of mulch, a truckload of water, pilates sessions, plants, a juicer, a calf crush – so many great items for you to win or bid on. We’ll send a list out next week – please read through it.
– Thanks so much to the people and locally owned businesses that are making our Fair possible – Puhoi River Motors, Lance’s Local Landscapes, Shirley Jenkins, Dr Hud’s Home Kill, Warkworth Motorcycles, and too many other school parents to name. We couldn’t do this without your generous support.
– It’s not to late to make a donation – just contact Nicky on 09 422 5060 or email@example.com
. Every little bit helps. We would still love the donation of 5 days accomodation in a bach/ holiday home for our auction – it would be a big boost to our fundraising – I’m sure someone in our community must be willing to help!
Finally, but most importantly:
We know how busy everybody is these days, and we also know how many demands there are on the coins in your pockets. Our Fair, Feast and Fireworks has always been as much about the opportunity to get together as a small community as it has been about raising money – so please, while we’ve been banging on about making donations, what we really want to make sure of is that you come along Saturday night March 21st for a really good family and community evening – live music, country games, and a fantastic fireworks display. We can’t wait to see you there!